Saturday, June 21, 2008
Today everything seem to go wrong...
Had my Brown Belt grading today
Reached there around 30mins early
Then saw Xuan Yi over there
No idea why she is here also
Then as I went to the toilet to change into my pants
My belt broke =.=
Yes, the buckle holding the belt snapped
Great
Now I can't wear my pants go home since it is loose without my belt
So have to wear my Judo Pants
During the grading
There was a total of 5 people including me
All taking brown belt.
2 examiners
and 1 of them used to represent Singapore in the Sea Games
Both also old le
in their 50s
Started off with them preaching about the Judo history and philosophy
After that, it is practical test time
Did my Nagewaza and Newaza and the Approach to grappling
All nothing wrong
Then next will be Shiai bout
We all have to continous fight the bout instead of bout by bout which I did for my past grading
and hell
I am the smallest size of all
Haizz
End up I lose all the bouts
Then came the results time
3 person pass
1 given 3 month probation
1 fail
And I am that person who failed
My spirits went crashing down
Then after the examiners talk to us about some things
they decided to give me 1 more chance to prove myself
And that is to spar with them
2 mins bout no points counted
Have to keep continuing spar till the 2mins are up
If I am able to reach their standard, I will be given the probation
And I have to face of against the Ex National Player =.=
Haizz
Bo bian
If I want to pass I have to go for it
However during my previous bouts, my old knee injury act up again
That was caused by Joe before when he crushed my leg
And my arm was cramping up again
but I still have to do it if I want to get my Brown
So I faced him
And damm
Despite being of in the 50s
He is still damm good lah
His balance is very stable
And I had no chance against him
Only kena sweep and thrown about like a Rag Doll
After the 2mins is up
They told me
I am given a 6month probation
I literary broke down and cried
and kept thanking the examiners
But that came with a price of course....
My knee is a goner
The other black belts all asked my about my knee
Asking whether am I able to walk or not
Then 1 of them said that my injury was about the same as his in the past
One of the muscle just above my kneecap has gone bad already
As long as pressure is applied on it
It will hurt
And damm it does hurt
Then the examiner whom I sparred with told me this
"You are fast and have strong fighting spirit"
But what is the point of having fighting spirit when I can't fight...
Later they asked about the club in RP
Who is the coach how the training
Then they asked me to go down and join their club
In order to improve myself further
And I found out that
The other 4 who took the grading
2 of them are the top players of their own club
1 is a freaking giant from china
and the other is from NS
wow...
So nice that I lost to them
After the whole thing is over
I went to Marina Square to buy my belt
Cost me $8.55
And they don't have the 280cm
So had to buy 300cm lor
But comparing their length to my blue one
The length is just longer by a bit
With that
Head on home
And start to hug my own knee
While replying to responses of people asking me about my grading
But deep inside my heart
I know this
There is nothing to be proud of getting Probation
.::.my endless pain & sorrow.::.
::9:11 PM